Day 1 September 23, 2020
The Anti-Racist Educator: 2020 Forum for Excellence Epilogue
- Leading in Challenging Times: 8 Pillars of Effective Leadership- Reecie Stagnolia
- Adult Education Administrator Meeting
- Perkins Administrator Cohort PAC Meeting
- Chat with Kat- Kathy Olsen-Tracey
- Postsecondary Perkins Technical Assistance Liaison Meeting
- Angles with Angela
Day 2 September 24, 2020
- General Session-Brian Durham
- General Session-Lazaro Lopez
- Keynote Address- Luke Wood
- The Impact of COVID and the State's Response- Jennifer K. Foster, Whitney Thompson, and Kathy Olsen-Tracey
Breakout Session 1
- 2030: The Workplace Evolution Presenter- Josh Davies
- Perkins Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment: We Did It!- Arlene Santos-George, Jennifer Serino, & Jennifer Yonan
- Next Steps Toward a Career? Let Employment 101 Help YOU Decide!- Dee Reinhardt
- Putting the Band Back Together after COVID- Bonnie Campbell, Patty Zuccarello, & Dana King
- Discussing Racial Equity in Spaces of Resistance-Marci Rockey, Jason Keist, Eboni Zamani-Gallaher, & Colvin Georges Jr.
- Effective Instruction Through Digital Literacy and Technology Integration-Michael Matos
Breakout Session 2
- Using Google Sheets to Create Data Dashboards for Teachers and Administrators- Joey Lehrman
- Maintain Rigor and Engagement in Remote Language Arts Instruction-Anita Kerr & Amy Elston
- ICAPS Growing Pains: Factors to Consider to Sustain the Program- Arlene Santos-George, Yesenia Mata, and Richard Ammon
- Training on Instructional Practices for Post-secondary Success (TIPPS)- Aime'e Julian, Brittany Boston, & Shanna Shipman
- Bringing Work Home: A Framework for Virtual Work-Based Learning - Heather Penczak, Nikki James, Carl Schneider
Breakout Session 3
- Welcoming Students and Teachers Online: Creating Collaborative Online Learning Communities-Joey Lehrman
- Recording coming soon!
- Survival 101: ICAPS During a Pandemic-Elizabeth Hobson & Laura Williams
- Rethinking the Purpose of Gen Ed Courses in CTE Programs- Francesca Catalano & Patrick Klette
- Pivoting to an Institutional Blended Learning Adult Education Program in Three Months-Rich Powers, Juanita Buss, Julie Kalsow, Holly Parker, & David Cooper
- Considering Equity and Inclusion in Online Teaching
Day 3 September 25, 2020
Breakout Session 4
- Assessing the "Whole Person" to Decide On A Career Path- Tara Driver
- Collaboration for Equitable Faculty Development in Extreme Times- Yolanda Barnes, Cathy Taylor, & Tyler Roeger
- Utilizing Data to Advance Equitable Outcomes in Small CTE Programs of Study-Marci Rockey, Colvin Georges Jr., Eboni Zamani-Gallaher, & Jason Keist
- Increasing the Use of Ability to Benefit and Creating a State-Defined Process- Christina Warden, Lauren Walizer, & Angela Gerberding
- Open Educational Resources (OER) for Adult Education Courses: First Steps- Kimberly Hitchcock, Kathleen Baker, & Jeff Newell
- Making the Invisible Visible: Innovation in Education and Skills Training Behind and Beyond Our Prison Walls - Jeffery Abramowitz
Breakout Session 5
- Illinois High School Equivalency Testing Updates-Caitlyn Barnes, Brian Smith, & Jason Carter
- Math Instruction for Adult Learners: At-a-Distance, Blended Learning, Hybrid, and more- Michael Matos
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning-Aime'e Julian & Sarah Goldammer
- Navigating the Nuances: Programs of Study and Career Pathways- Whitney Thompson, Janelle Jones, & Ann Storey
- Building and Using Partnerships to Enhance Success for ESL Students and for ICAPS Model 2- Abraham Celio (Due to a recording error, only the first 20 minutes is available)
- Addressing the Trauma of COVID- Shanna Shipman
View announcements, new resources, and gain valuable information in the following on-demand videos:
Grant Writing 101 for Perkins Competitive Grants- Nicole Joerger (ICCB)
- Let’s take a dive into some of the do’s and don’ts of grant writing and cover the necessary elements for a successful grant application.
Mending the Bridge Between Student and Faculty Engagement - Deja Luckett (ICCB)
- A lack of social and affective communication between the learner and the instructor has been found to be an important barrier to effective online education (Muilenburg & Berge, 2005). This presentation encourages faculty to implement positive learner—instructor relationships to help students become comfortable in the new age of learning.
CTE Networking Directory - Brittany Boston (ICSPS)
- Walk through how to join the CTE Directory with the Associate Director for Equity & Outreach for The Illinois Center for Specialized Professional Support, Brittany Boston.
Recruitment and Communication Strategies Proven to Work for Community Colleges - Dora Welker
- During the past few years, enrollment in community colleges, including Career and Technical Education (CTE), has seen a decline while the skills shortage remains. Perkins V, provides the opportunity for states to "rethink" CTE, allowing Illinois to engage in a rebranding effort. As part of this rebranding campaign, community colleges across the state have provided input on proven recruitment and communication strategies. These strategies will be shared along with other resources to enhance recruitment efforts.
Special Populations Super Strategies
MOA State Plan- Natasha Allan (ICCB)
Adult Education Promising Practices for Distance Education
- In Adult Education we have seen many innovations in response to our challenging times. Seeing how our field has risen to this challenge and are providing promising new distance education practices to meet the needs of our learners, has inspired us. Your Adult Education Professional Development Network, in an effort to support our field, has captured some of these practices. Learn more about this repository, view resources, and learn how you can share your own practices.
Adult Education Marketing
Allowable Use of Funds (Adult Education) - Kathy Olesen-Tracey
- Are you interested in more easily accessible data and information on Illinois higher education institutions? Would you like to effortlessly isolate enrollment and graduate data by area-of-study and the occupations connected to the programs? Do you want to provide another tool to students, families, counselors, and academic advisors to explore occupations and programs? This presentation will provide an overview of the Illinois Postsecondary Profiles (IPP) platform and the enhancements that will soon be available to the public. The IPP, released in October 2019, is a data and accountability website resulting from a collaboration between ICCB, IBHE, and several divisional arms at Northern Illinois University. The tool provides stakeholders with a powerful but user-friendly platform to access pertinent and actionable information on colleges. The IPP continues to be enhanced and presenters will provide up-to-date information on the tool and soon-to-be-released features.
Presenters: Dr. Jason Klein, Director of P-20 Initiatives, Northern Illinois University - Division of Outreach, Engagement, and Regional Development & Charlie Rosemond, Data & Outcomes Manager, Northern Illinois University - Education Systems Center
Designing for Equity and Access for ALL Learners
- To best reflect current research and needs of our learners, beginning fall 2020, training will be available to all Illinois Adult Education teachers in Designing for Equity and Access for ALL Learners. This training, formerly known as Special Learning Needs, will be part of the Instructional Staff Professional Pathways already in place.