Now Hiring: Event Support Coordinator
The Illinois Center for Specialized Professional Support (ICSPS) Event Support Coordinator will assist with the implementation of Center activities, primarily the logistical support and coordination of materials for professional development events, including meetings and conferences. This essential member of the ICSPS will coordinate with venues across Illinois to determine the best meeting space for our events. In addition, this person will be responsible for supporting the OMA compliance of the Illinois Workforce Innovation Board (IWIB). This person will assist ICSPS in editing and updating information on the Center websites, editing publications and resources to be used for professional learning, and posting information on ICSPS workshops, conferences, and meeting materials on social media.
The candidate will have excellent communication skills, and the ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, positive, and efficient. Operating with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail. This position requires independent work, reporting to the Illinois Center for Specialized Professional Support Director and working closely with and in support of all positions at ICSPS.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Twenty-four (24) months of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. This work includes performing a wide variety of office support tasks, which require the use of judgment and initiative and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database, and software packages. Knowledge of the organization, programs, practices, and procedures of a department/unit is central to the performance of the duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency.
- Possession of strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and MachForm.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and self-manage assigned projects and daily tasks in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including traveling and possessing a valid driver's license.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Word Press and or Joomla.
- Knowledge of OMA.
Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pmMore Information & To Apply