English Learners in Special Education and other Legal Updates:  What’s New and Noteworthy in Special Education for 2019

Description
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers! This workshop, presented by Brandon K. Wright of Miller, Tracy, Braun, Funk & Miller, Ltd., is specially designed for administrators, teachers, and other special education professionals who want a deeper dive into the emerging trends in special education law, specifically covering English Learners in special education, Section 504, managing behavior in the LRE, and other important updates. Come prepared for a lively and informative day, packed with plenty of opportunities for audience participation and targeted answers to your most pressing questions. By using case law from around the U.S., filtered through the lens of an experienced special education attorney, you will walk away with a renewed clarity about your legal obligations – and the confidence to keep focused on ensuring your district’s actions are legal, efficient, and effective!

Target Audience
Administrators, teachers, and special education professionals

Region 2 SELA Representative: – Christan Schrader. – cschrader@bhased.org

June 13, 2019
8:30am – 3pm
East Moline School District Administration Center
3451 Morton Drive
East Moline, IL 61244

_________________
Registration opens at 8:00am
Presentation/Training will begins at 8:30am

Important Information
* This is a free event
* Individual registration is required for all attendees
* Lunch is on your own
* CPDU’s are available
* Registration closes June 12, 2019

_____________________________________

By registering for this event, you agree to the following:
I am giving permission for the information which I have entered into the registration form to be printed on a participants’ list. The list may be distributed to the workshop/conference participants.

Each registrant receives an official name tag and entry into the participant list.

I understand that when I register for this event, I make a commitment to attend the workshop. If I cannot attend, I accept the responsibility to cancel by June 6, 2019.

For registration visit the following link:
Registration

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.