Legislative Resources provides an index to the Legislation, Guidelines and Administrative Rules which provide the basis for the Standards described in this Civil Rights Self-Assessment. Links to the various civil rights laws can be found on the Legislation page.
The review of the protection of civil rights for individuals in the Education Community is based upon interpretation of significant portions of the following civil rights legislation, guidelines and administrative rules.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act ( ADA) of 1990
- Guidelines for Vocational Education Programs (effective March 15, 1979)
- Illinois Sex Equity Rules