Items bolded and underlined are drawn from the Illinois State Board of Education Evidence List.
What documentation can be used to indicate compliance with this standard?
- Recruitment plans and description of recruitment activities
- Recruitment and promotional brochures/marketing materials, including flyers and newspaper advertising
- List of recruitment/promotional activities and sites
- Course catalog
- Recruitment team demographics and staff demographics
- Plan for determining primary languages of the community
- Samples of recruitment materials in other languages
- Samples of materials in other formats
What are some sample recruitment practices?
Information about all CTE programs at Valley High School is available
on the web site. Translation into Spanish can be selected on the web site.
In addition, Valley High School catalogs and course offerings are
available in local establishments (e.g. grocery stores, etc.) frequented by the
underrepresented groups significant in the District demographic. The Valley High School web site is accessible for individuals with disabilities.
What are some alternative forms of recruitment materials?
Valley High School makes available recruitment materials in Braille,
large print, audio, and computer-enhanced large print.
Where are these alternative forms of recruitment materials available?
Alternative formats of recruitment materials are available at the Office of
Disabilities Coordinator, Information Desk, Counseling Department, and the
Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education:
Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
Education services for deaf students
Additional information about civil rights of students with disabilities
Recent case resolution and corrective action agreement relative to
school district communications with limited-English proficient parents.
Questions and Answers on the Rights of Limited-English Proficient