ICAPS/AO programs are required to have a 50% overlap within Team Teaching. The following resources are designed to assist programs develop, strengthen and improve their Team Teachers. In Illinois, Career & Technical Education (CTE) instructors lead the content/industry instruction with an infusion of basic skills instruction by the Adult Education (AE) instructor.
Team teaching can be defined as a group or pair of teachers working together to purposefully and collaboratively plan, conduct and evaluate learning activities for one group of learners (Goetz, 2000; Buckley, 2000).
Teams generally comprise of instructors who represent different areas of subject expertise and who use instructional strategies that engage students in ways that are not possible when only one teacher is present (Austin, 2001; Gately & Gately, 2001).
- Overview of the Team Teaching Menu of Resources Webinar
- Successful ICAPS Programs Answer Your Questions! – Webinar
- NCTN Online Models for Team Teaching Training
- Archived Team Teaching Webinars
- Team Teaching Videos
- Collection of Best Practices from Experienced Illinois Programs
- Online training – Integrated Learning Outcomes with examples and templates
- Assessing Team Teacher Outcomes Webinar
- Assessing Team Teacher Outcomes PowerPoint Presentation
- Experienced Team Teachers Answer Your Questions Webinar
- Experienced Team Teachers Answer Your Questions PowerPoint Presentation
- Illinois Team Teaching Continuum Webinar
- Supporting Special Populations Strategies Documents